rosemary hardham & associates is committed to your privacy under State and Federal Privacy Laws and the Australian Privacy Principles 2014. rosemary hardham & associates may obtain personal information about you when you enquire or make application for employment opportunities available with our clients.
what is personal information?
The type of personal information which may be collected by rosemary hardham & associates includes any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (such as medical history or condition) to the everyday (your address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible employment.
Personal information includes sensitive information. Sensitive information is a special category of personal information and includes information or opinion about your membership of a professional or trade association or trade union; your criminal record; medical history or ethnicity.
Generally, the only personal information we collect about you is that which you choose to tell us, or which you authorise us to obtain. The type of information we collect includes your name, address, telephone number, employment history, qualifications, police history (if any), entitlement to work in Australia and billing information. We may also use your personal information to verify information you have given to us or our clients, or to comply with the law. We will only collect information that is necessary for the proper performance of our tasks or functions. We do not collect or use personal or sensitive information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. In most cases, sensitive information can only be disclosed with your written consent.
how your information will be collected
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by rosemary hardham & associates for its own use and only in connection with the purpose of providing our services.
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you when:
- we receive an application for a particular position or we receive registration from you for any general employment opportunities
- we receive any personal, professional or academic reference about you
- we receive results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, or associates
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we undertake national police history and other pre-employment checks
how your information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible employment
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual clients of rosemary hardham & associates
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- our contractors and suppliers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
Unless advised by you to the contrary, your information will be automatically deleted from our database 180 days after the date it was submitted.
Any information collected about you will not be used or disclosed to any overseas recipients or for the purposes of direct marketing unless you have given rosemary hardham & associates consent to do so.
rosemary hardham & associates takes all reasonable precautions to protect and safeguard your personal information from misuse or unauthorised access by using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
If you do not give us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to recommend you to clients for potential employment.
gaining access to your information
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, you can write to rosemary hardham & associates at the address below and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information or, if necessary, discuss alternative actions with you. Personal information will only be released to you directly unless we are provided with a written, signed authority by you to provide it to a third party.
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you can write to rosemary hardham & associates, level 13|200 queen street, melbourne, victoria 3000.